The 2018 Photo Contest is over.
Congratulations to our winners and thanks to all who entered.
Kitchen by: Mark Welch
Cabinets: Hampton Linen
We love this Hampton Kitchen Photo. Not just for it’s beautiful design but for it’s unique creative solutions with a hidden pantry. We appreciated the many creative features installed in this kitchen but the winning photo captured it’s essence.
Kitchen by: Gabby Koontz
Cabinets: Dalton Gray & Desoto White
There is so much creativity expressed in this combo kitchen. The contrast of the Desoto White Island against the Dalton Gray perimeter cabinets. And we love the wine bar peninsula which interacts with the open living space.
Hutch by: Kellie Hockstra
Cabinets: Desoto White
Charming Dining Room Hutch.
Honestly there were so many beautiful and charming kitchens and baths to choose from we were torn. We were inspired to see Kellie’s different approach and applaud her entry on this simple yet elegant dining room hutch.
- Remember props make the photo. Please consider clean and stylish use of props in your photos. Flowers and bowls of fruit go a long way.
- Professional photography makes all the difference.
- Daylight photos are pretty much a must unless there are no windows in your project shot.
- Make sure you fill out all waivers and include the homeowners information. We want to make sure everyone is recognized.
- Photos should be of high quality with a minimum of 300dpi and 2400 x 3000 px in size.
The Contest was judged by the CDI marketing team. All votes and decisions of the panel are final.
Judges evaluate all qualifying entries on the following four criteria:
- Aesthetically-pleasing overall kitchen design
- Functionality of overall kitchen design
- Lighting and tasteful use of props
- Clean and professional or professional-looking photography
In addition to the four aspects listed above, the judges took into consideration which of the entries was the most surprising, fascinating, out-of-the-box thinking and design features.